Select Page

Aplington Historical Society


Welcome to the Aplington Historical Society.  Since 2006 our mission has been to support the community of Aplington, Iowa through the preservation of it’s rich past.  From floats in the yearly Aplington Days parade, to monthly meetings, we strive to promote our city’s past and work to preserve it.  Currently, many of Aplington’s historical memorabilia is on display at the Aplington Historical Society building on Parriott Street in downtown Aplington.  To learn more about Aplington, stop by.  Take a stroll back in time and learn just how far Aplington has come.
Aplington, Iowa was founded in the 1850’s through the donation of land from Thomas Mask, RR Parriot, Theodore Wilson, and Zenas Aplington.  In honor of this generous donation, the town was named after Mr. Aplington.  Through it’s many trials and triumphs, Aplington, Iowa has grown from a town of one store and one house, to a place that many people feel blessed to call home today.  The Aplington Historical Society is proud to be a part of the preservation of northeast Iowa’s best kept secret.
   

The Exchange Building


In March of 1901 a devastating fire occurred in downtown Aplington, Iowa.  All but one building, located at 905 Parriott Street, was lost in the blaze.  It was the only brick building on the block, the Exchange Building.  Today, this building is home to the Aplington Historical Society.
   

Board Members & Officers


Officers


Lori Uhlenhopp, President

Joann Hippen, Vice President

Kay Eilers, Secretary

Herm Schwickerath, Treasurer

Board Members


Paul Weber

Joann Hippen

Darla Kay Eilers

Hermine Schwickerath

Dan Schwickerath

Berdena Wolff

Lori Uhlenhopp.

Contact Us


?

Mailing Address:

P.O. Box 4 Aplington, Iowa 50604
?

Phone:

(319) 347-2799
?

Hours:

Open by appointment or by chance.

Email

15 + 12 =

Visit Us